Saint Joan of Arc Sir William Blake Richmond
WHY SO SERIOUS: WARNER BROS. REPORTEDLY ORDERS ‘NO JOKES’ IN NEW DC COMICS MOVIES
Comics fans have become well acquainted with the notion that sometimes, creative people learn the wrong things from successes. It’s why certain comics have been dominated for going on 30 years by a “dark” and “mature” sensibility that often comes off as grim, self-serious and overcooked.
Well, get ready for that way of thinking to make its way to movie theaters very soon. According to a report at Hitfix, Warner Bros. has a strict rule for its upcoming DC Comics movies: “No jokes.”
What’s particularly surprising is that the rule — which itself is kind of a joke, when you think about it — is that it stems from a failure more than it does a success, at least, according to Hitfix writer Drew McWeeny’s thinking.
So is anyone else ready to watch the joy and fun be sucked out of their favorite characters on the big screen? Or do you like the initiative WB is taking because frivolity is for babies?
I guess you can see my position from reading the question.
These little fruits are holding him down
Finally done!!Sorry for the delay，being busy(lazy) recently =3= I promise I’ll draw more RetJ fanart.Some Tycutio maybe?I really relly really ship them _(:з」∠)_
Australian Photoset #17
Want to see more?
when thinking about your ot3, consider this:
• which two team up to try and stop the other from buying ugly furniture for the house?
• which one is always bringing home silly hats to put on the more serious partner’s head?
• which one is constantly talking with their mouth full, and which partner gets offended by their bad manners?
• who does the taxes
• who tries to help with the taxes and only makes it more difficult
• which partner is morally against paying taxes